Back in Canada
After several long flying stints I am now back in Canada. The last week in Bangladesh was a busy one as we put in long days scoping out the project that we are going to be working on.
Who knew that in 2.5 weeks someone could make a trip around the world? Our schedule was such that we flew:
Regina > Calgary > London > Dhaka (Bangladesh) > Hong Kong > Vancouver > Regina
Other than being long, the flights for the trip were great. As this was a business trip, we got to fly Business class...whopp woop. I tell ya...it was awesome! They feed you real food with real utensils, you’ve got your own TV and the seats are huge and recline far more than the 3 inches the economy seats recline! I mostly flew on some of the older Air Canada planes, but did also get to fly one of the stints on a 777, which has those neat “pods” in business class. They actually recline to be flat!
Now I’m home and getting my mind out of travel mode and into Wedding mode, as the wedding is only 2 months away. I’m VERY Excited!!
Take Care!
Shay
Here are some extra pictures from my trip to Bangladesh:
A local river where many people bathe, wash their clothes and play.
this little guy was coming up from the local river and stopped to pose for me. He was waiving but I couldn't get my camera out fast enough..
There are manu many bikes that are used to transport things to and fro...this bike in particular not only had a gigantic bale on it, but there were also 3 people sitting on the front of the bale as we went by. You can kind of see the top of one of thier heads.
The people here carry so many things on their shoulders or heads. This was a common site to see.
I'f you're going to make a trip (and not have to walk / pedal a bike), then you'd best load it up as much as possible. this truck was filled to the end gate, then 20 more bags were added, then another dozen crates and topped off with some guys sitting on top - let's not forget that this truck is going 90km/h down a narrow highway dodging in and out of traffic.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home