Made it to Bangladesh
(April 10, 2008)
I'm here. I made it safe and sound but am glad to be off a plane...at least for a little while. We are staying at the Westin hotel here in Dhaka, which is very glamourous. It is very wierd to be in such a posh hotel, then look out the window and see lots of poverty. At least when I lived in China I wasn't in such a posh place so it didn't feel so drastic. However, I'm going to enjoy it! Sleep in my king size bed and relax in the biggest corner tub I've seen in a long time.
I am exactly 12 hours different (ahead) from Regina, so we got in quite early this morning. There were absolutely no problems getting out of the airport and we were immidately met with high humidity, lots of random people all over the place, cars honking like crazy and a bit of a smell in the air (mixed with the layer of smog) - just like I remember Asia to be. We are going to chill out in our seperate rooms for the morning, relax, SHOWER, then meet for lunch and go to the office. We have a few hours of "meet and greet" today, then we are off to the field tomorrow. Seeings as though it is 8 am on April 10th for me right now, I've totally missed April 9th... I guess that puts me one day closer to the wedding!!!
Shay

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home