Season finale...
Well my time is up...They’re shipping me home. I must say that it is weird to know that I won’t be coming back over to Scotland within a few weeks...but I am EXCITED to go home and STAY there for a bit!! I fly home this Saturday and won’t be back over here until much later this year (if all goes as planned!!). I’m excited to sleep in my own bed, hang out in my back yard, drink beer around the bonfire, and even do house work (especially since I haven’t been able to do anything exciting with my place since I bought it last year)...however, mostly I am excited to be able to be home and spend time with Danny and the boys. I’ve been on the road a bit too much...so I’m ready to be home!
What have I been up to the last few weeks? I went on a road trip with Lenita last weekend. We took a car up to Inverness, stayed at a B&B, drove to a few castles and saw the Lock Ness (lake) where of course the Loch ness monster lives. Good old Nessie – She’s a riot! As soon as I finish photo shop’n her into my pictures I’ll post them. While I was looking out into the water (just in case she stuck her head up) I was really daunted by the fact that I got to see both the Okanaga (where the Ogo-pogo lives) and the Lock Ness (where Nessie lives) within 5 weeks of each other. I figure not many people get to do that...so I’m quite pleased. The country side was beautiful and the couple that owned the B&B we were at were very interesting. The husband came out in the morning to bring us our breakfast in a blue shirt with trousers that were a bright green and blue tartan...with a matching tie to boot! Whoa! There were a lot of other cool things that we saw...For Gary, Ski Hills (not even close to comparable to the Rockies!!), baby lambs, cool forests...all kinds of stuff...
The past few weeks at work have been going by really quickly as I have been trying to tie up all the loose ends, so as not to delay my departure date for Canada. Actually this past 6 weeks have gone by rocket fast...which is GREAT...means I get home sooner!
Well that’s all from me in Scotland. I will keep you posted on how my summer in Canada goes and who knows where this life of mine takes me. Thanks for joining in on the ride!! Don’t give up on this site just yet, I will be adding to it, just not as often. This is simply the Season Finale of Scotland...not the end of the series I assure you! (I just hope this doesn't go on as long Friends did!)
Take care!!
Shay
Now I’d like to send out a few more CONGRATS!!!
Garett and Carrie – Congrats on the birth of your 3rd child. A beautiful girl named Camryn. (April 18th)
Clark & Jen – Congrats on the birth of your 1st child, Connor. What a big baby boy...you guys are going to be great parents!! (April 19th)

Some baby lambs on the side of the road

This is me at the Lock Ness...can you see Nessie? She's there! (And YES it was windy!! I don't think I've taken an outdoor picture yet without my hair everywhere!)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home