Jay – Eye – N – Ex
I don’t want to Jay-Eye-N-Ex (come on...sound it out) anything (knock on wood...I’m too scared to even properly type out the word)...but I have been here for a month now and have found myself reaching a few surprising milestones:
1) While at home over Christmas I managed to get myself a new iron ring. Which I lost after week 3 last time...this time...STILL HAVE IT!!
2) Everyone, everyone, everyone has been soooo sick this year (both here and in Canada) and I have managed to avoid it. However, I am starting to feel something come on and I’m really really hoping (for the sake of all my co-workers and me) that I don’t actually come down with anything. When I get sick I turn into a big suck...and being over here on my own while being a big suck...won’t be pretty. I have asked for some VERY crucial ‘sickness’ supplies to be shipped here with my boss (she’s coming this week)...to help get me through this potentially nasty “See-Oh-Elle-Dee” (you can do it...sound it out) that is coming my way. Lipton’s Chicken Noodle Soup. This above all is what I need to get though it. Well that or my mom...but I don’t think she’ll be as easy to mail over. (Mom - if you weren’t so picky about being able to breath and drink water all the time it would make this much easier for me to ship you over!!! Hehehe). So knock on wood and hope that I don’t get...well...you know.
3) My co-worker/Roomie has gone back to Canada for a few weeks, so I have the flat to myself...which means...NO -- not that I’ll run around in my underwear listening to Girlie music. But...that I’ll get to...well, come to think of it...I’m going to run around in my underwear listening to girlie music!! Wa hoooo! This weekend was my first weekend on my own. Unfortunately I spent MOST of it in the office getting a lot of stuff sorted out for the project. But last night I planned on chillin’ and watching some ‘Chick Flicks’ and reading my book. However, last night was the first night I was feeling...you know...#2 (not that #2, the one mentioned above. You guys are impossible to tell stories too! ;o) ) I was in a state where I was exhausted, but couldn’t actually sleep. I read my book until 2 or 3 in the morning then finally fell asleep on the couch. Because of that...I’ve put myself in a bit of a predicament. It turns out the couch is WAY softer than my rock hard bed (on which I have to sleep diagonally or my feet get jammed through the foot board). What to do...what to do.
As you can see, it is clearly not easy being me. I have to keep track of my jewelry, fend off See-Oh-Elle-Dee’s, sleep AND figure out cleaver ways to spell words with out actually saying them! I’m exhausted!!! That is a LOT of expectations...I’m only one person!! :o)
I hope all is well with you guys!! Take care and keep me in the loop of what’s going on with you!!!
Lv,
Shay-Anne
I don't have any pictures to post from these past few weeks...but I was taking a bit of a trip down memory lane and came across some that I'd like to share:

These are the fantastic girls that I worked with and then backpacked with in China.

This is from my trip to Cancun - Jan 05. Who knew I could be so tanned!

Here are a couple of the girls that I graduated from Engineering with.

And finally...this is Mo...the dinosaur that was found in my hometown. He's really nice...doesn't say much.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home