Tuesday, November 22, 2005

... I use "..." too often... ... ...

Thanks to everyone who emailed their concerns about my ring, we’re looking into a replacement, and I’m desperately trying not to do anything, in fear of wrecking everything I touch. I’m joking of course...it really isn’t the end of the world, I’ll get a new one when I get back to Canada.

This past weekend I was in Edinburgh. I mentioned last time that we would be on a coach...turns out it was not a double-decker...damn...it was a greyhound type of bus with some of the chairs turned backwards allowing for a table to be set up. It was about a 3 hour trip, once there we checked into our hotel. My room was the SMALLEST hotel room I’ve ever seen. I really think I could have touched the two side walls at the same time...if not it would have been close!! There was a single bed, and a desk that also held a T.V., and a table at the foot of the room. Check the picture out below. But the Bathroom was huge (felt bigger than the room) AND the shower had a curtain...Loved it!!!! After we checked in, we went out to a comedy club, then on to a bar/pub type place. Good times. That’s where the pictures from the last posting came from. Upon leaving the bar, a few of us followed our noses and ended up stumbling into an Italian restaurant. They made some ridiculously good pizzas for us...you’d think they invented it!! :) Then it was off to bed (or in my case, minute dwelling) to catch a couple hours of zzzz’s before Friday’s meetings.

The apartment that we rented for the weekend was cozy. It was perfect for the three of us, two beds in the main room and a pull-out couch in the living room... We just hung out on Friday night, chatted and even managed to laugh ‘til I was in tears. Kris actually took a video of Lenita and I because we were laughing so hard. It was definitely one of those...”I can’t breathe and may wet myself” types of laughs. Saturday we got up and walked and walked and walked around. The main attraction we saw (no I didn’t make it to see the Dali Lama...needed tickets) was the Castle. We paid 6 pounds to get in and tour around. I took a few pictures, they didn’t turn out great, but I’ll post some. When we were done in there we stumbled upon a pub. It was actually quite amazing, it was 4:00 in the afternoon and we barely squeezed into this pub but did manage to grab a table eventually. By 4:45 the place was packed and there was live music already playing, people singing, dancing, having a great time at FOUR-FOURTY FIVE...holy smokes! It felt so much later, especially since the sun sets around 4:00 here. These crazy people.

We made it back to Aberdeen early afternoon on Sunday and I took it easy. All-in-all a pretty relaxed weekend. Monday night we went out to a concert – Franz Ferdinand. It was a good time, except for the fact that it was in a warehouse type of place, so I could barely hear the words to the songs...and the music was too loud!!! (did I mention that I’m now 140 years old?) My co-workers were more excited to see the opening act – Editors.

Now I’m chillax’ing and waiting for the internet to get hooked up at my place. They say it’ll be on Thursday…very exciting! Then it’ll be easier for me to work on this thing and check my mail.

Take care of yourselves!!
Shay



This is the tiny hotel room



This is the castle


This is some crazy looking building just outside the castle


This is me saying good-bye! Good-Bye!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

web stats