Sleep…need sleep…
I’m in the Heathrow Airport and I have 2 hours to wait until we can board the plane and fly to Aberdeen. It is about 8:00 in the morning here on Sunday and I’m 6 hours ahead of Saskatchewan. This really isn’t that bad, however I’m strongly lacking in the sleep department and I have a feeling I won’t get to sleep until later. They say I’ll get a chance to have a good long sleep tonight before we start work tomorrow. About 12 hours. Long sleep…what do you mean? I could sleep for 12 hours on a REGULAR night. Awwww maaaan. I’ll suck it up.
The plane rides have been pretty good. About 3ish hours to Toronto, layover there and then the flight over to London was about 6 hours. Toronto was a beautiful airport…actually I have no idea whether it is or not, but what I saw was spectacular. We went straight to the Air Canada lounge and sat there for most of the layover. For those of you who have never been in the AC lounge, everything is free. You plop down in a cushy chair, drop your bags and proceed to check out the bar. Some snacks and the pop, hard liquor and beer you can dream of. Just help yourself. I’m told I wasn’t supposed to just stick my head under the Tequila bottle. Turns out it’s a major “faux pas”…those picky Ontario people.
The 6 hour flight from T.O. really wasn’t that bad, except I forgot how EXTREMELY uncomfortable it is to try to sleep on a plane. Sleep for 5 minutes get a kink in your neck, change positions, start dozing off, get jarred awake by the flight attendant offering some gross food…and so on. I probably managed to get about and hour and a half of sleep collectively, maybe.
Now I’m sitting here, looking for the ‘loo’ and wondering why I have to walk on the left side of the hallway. Ahhhh so many things…

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home