This is a long one...
Nov 8, 2005
The internet…how I miss the internet. I didn’t realize it until I was cut off completely for a short period…especially when it’s my only means of communication. (I know I know…I’m a bit of a nerd!) We have the night off and found a hotel with a pub next to our apartment which has wireless internet. Super!
So I’ve arrived in Aberdeen and all is well. It was a rather uneventful trip, which when traveling is a good thing. All the luggage arrived, we made it to the apartments and managed to go out for food and beer immediately upon arrival. I have a feeling that a lot of beer will be consumed while here…It’s a tough life! After staying up until 9ish on Sunday night, I finally went to bed and was up early Monday morning getting ready for work. I was a bit tired, but did okay. It didn’t matter though b/c I was going to get lot of sleep that night….RIGHT…famous last words.
Yesterday after work, Kris (my co-worker) and I took a cab down to Starbucks in an attempt to get onto the net. We got there at 6:27 and went up to the counter to order a drink. Unfortunately the first thing the lady behind the counter said was that they closed at half six….my first reaction was that half of 6 is 3 (I passed math) and we are either quite late or have LOTS of time before they close. However, ½ 6 means 6:30…thus we didn’t get to do the internet things at all…bummer. So we turned around and hiked back to the flat. About a 25-30 minute trek.
We actually went back to our boss/co-workers flat (there are two flats here. Heather and Lenita are in one and Kris and I are in the other. They are awesome and I will post pictures next time!!) …anyway…back to the story…Heather and Lenita were having a dinner party for the 4 of us plus 3 other people that are working on the same project and live in the same apartment complex. It was a great time, we drank beer, ate app’s, drank some more beer, tested some wine, had supper, more beer….well I think you get the picture. Finally at 2:00 in the morning we decided it would be a really good idea to call it a night…especially since we needed to work this morning. Uuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
But don’t go feeling sorry for me yet…(I know you were)…this morning I woke up at 6:30 feeling like a million bucks (I really did). Then I went into the shower and started it up…waiting waiting and waiting for the hot water to kick in…unfortunately I soon realized that the switch in the kitchen (clearly labeled – WATER HEATER) was turned off. Ohhh noooooooo. This is not a good morning to skip a shower! So I turned it on, ate my breakfast, made some tea and tried it again every so often. By 7:10 I realized that there was not much hope of having a hot…let alone a warm shower so I went in and braved it. Couldn’t feel my head when I was done washing it, but hey I’m clean and smell wonderful!! (Now you can feel sorry for me..hahaha)
Sooo…I now know that I made the right career choice. You see it was between Engineering and being a psychic… Predicting that I would get lots of sleep…wrong. Prediciting a hot shower would be waiting for me…wrong. Predicting that I’d be out drinking beer…sort of wrong. Beer yes…copious amounts of beer…ohhhh no. All this Engineering thing requires is that I wear a ring on my pinky finger. Piece of Cake!!
Well I’ve blabbed on long enough. Thanks for reading!
Cheers,
Shay

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home