Thursday, December 08, 2005

Mamma…I’m comin’ home

Well it’s time for me to make my way back to Regina. It’s Thursday night here and I’m trying to get luggage packed to come back. The good news/bad news is that I don’t need to pack ALL of my stuff, leaving me with lighter bags and more room to bring back gifts...but the flip side is that I can leave stuff behind because I’ll be making my way back here very soon. I will need to come back here the first part of January. It looks as though I may be spending quite some time in Scotland over the next...let’s say while. Our contracts will be finalized the end of January for the upcoming year, so until then it’s sort of up in the air.

Enough about that...did I mention that I’M GOING HOME? In 2 sleeps, I’ll get to walk in the freezing climate of Saskatchewan. I can’t wait! I’ll be spending the holidays in Regina, Mom and Dad and hopefully my grand-ma’s will be coming up and spending Christmas with me. This means I get to buy a tree. Which means I need to decorate a tree (note: need to buy some lights, and decorations, and a star for the top of the tree, and some decorations for the rest of my house...oy.) I’m really looking forward to staying at home (NO suitcases!) and getting to hang out with Dan for more than 2 days in a row. Who’da thunk?!

At work we set up some Christmas decorations to attempt to make it feel a little cozier. There is a room with all of the project team in it (picture a room large enough for 6 or 7 cubicles, but with 25 people in it...scary!!) Unfortunately Heather, Kris and I couldn’t sqeeze in down there (dang), so they stuck us upstairs in a large cubicle...which is great! We decorated the room downstairs, but then felt left out, sooooooo...we have one small garland in the cubicle and our very own Christmas Tree. Take a look!!





Tomorrow is our clients' Christmas Party. I guess we need to catch a bus at noon to the location, hang out all day, food drinks, program...then the last bus leaves at 10:30 at night. From what I hear, most people tend not to go straight home after getting off the bus...so it could be an interesting night...BUT NOT for me! I’m going to play it safe. I can’t imagine that a party starting at noon and going ‘til the wee hours of the morning will be very good for me when I board the plane at 9:00 Saturday morning!! Uggghhhh…that would make for a LONG flight home.

I hope to see you over the holidays, but if it doesn't work out...stay tuned to this and I’ll keep you all posted on how things are going and how the very first Christmas in MY HOUSE went. Thank you all for sticking with me over the last 5 weeks, I hope I haven’t bored you to tears!!

Cheers,
Shay

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

web stats