Just me and my Gecko…
(April 17, 2008)
Tomorrow we head back to Dhaka and I’m hanging out here in my huge room with a gecko. We’re at a bit of a stand off right now, because he is on the window frame in the shower – and I really want to take a shower. I’m ok with having a gecko hang out with me, but am not completely sure I’m ready to shower with one!! Actually I’m also convinced that my gecko can throw his voice. They make these weird, loud noises that sound almost like a clucking/chirping, which actually woke me up several times the first night here. As I type this I can hear the clucking noise in the bedroom part, but just checked and see that my buddy is still holding his ground in the shower...so either I’ve got a ventriloquist gecko with me or there are several in my room. I’m going to go with just one.
... tumbleweeds rolling ...
So here's the update on the stand-off. I went towards the bathroom and saw that my little buddy was making his way to the door. As I got closer, he started to squirm back towards the mirror, than tub, back to mirror...then I finally surrendered. He won – I went into Heather’s room and took a shower there. Gecko(s) 1, Shay 0
My Gecko in the Shower
These were some local Bengali dancers that came in for the New Year Celebrations (April 14th)
Turns out I am slightly taller than the local Bengali dancers

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home