Field Site Visits
(April 11th, 2008)
I am now on day two of the first site visit. Everything has been great and the trip out here was amazing. it took about 4-5 hours to get here and we went through lots of rural countryside - which means lots of different sites that is not common to Canada, but not shocking to me as I saw this in China. I was resisting the temptation to take tons of pictures so early on in the trip thus spent most of the time in awe of what I was seeing, and remembering how good we have it in Canada!!!
Yesterday we got a tour of the facility out here. It is a brand new plant (1.5 yrs old) so everything is still shiny and new. The only glitch we had was that when we started the tour, the guys told us to just keep an eye out for snakes...ahhhhhh. I don't love snakes and Heather is petrified of snakes so they kindly did the rest of the tour on the gravel parts of the plant. When we asked what kind of snakes, they Americn guy leading the tour said " well in Bangladesh ...there are some nasty ones." oh great...
Everyone is soooooo polite and accomodating in this country. Maybe too polite and accomodating. I think I will be so tired of saying "no Thank you", "Ah Thanks so much" that when I get home you guys may only get grunts as responses...hahaha

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home