Monday, September 29, 2008

time keeps on tickn' tickn' tickn' into the fuuuutuurrrrre......

(September 20, 2008)

Hellooooooo out there!!

Hi guys...here I am - September 20th and over the 1/2 way hump. I was hesitant about that statement earlier in the week as every day the timelines of this project I'm working on change due to dependencies out of my company's control. However, as it works out they will not have the extra items we need to rush and get more done while we are here, which means my chance of having to stay until mid-October - just went down significantly! phieuf.

This trip has been a long trip. I have started a new record of number of consecutive days worked in a row along with most overtime hours I've ever accumulated in one trip. We have been working 12 hour days since we arrived (I haven't had a day off since Sept 1st long weekend). Today we were complete slackers and only worked 9 hours. I sat on my bed for 2 hours watching a movie this afternoon and felt ZERO guilt doing it... I think David worked out that we have already worked more than 100 hours of overtime. No wonder I fall asleep early still at night. I suppose if I have to miss big things like Danny's Birthday, then I might as well work some OT. Although maybe being here is a good thing, b/c if I wasn't I'd be sitting in a P.Eng course all weekend, trying to pretend I know how to study again...yuck!

I can't think of any specific things to report, so here are my random thoughts...
• The skies here are gorgeous at sunset, but none of the pictures I've taken even come close to doing it justice.
• There was a birthday party in the camp the other night (I guess they have one every month). I was in my room watching TV and I hard a knock on my door, two of the accommodations staff were outside and said "party downstairs - you come" Lucky for them I wasn't in my pj's - so away I went. There was myself and one other expat there, so many pictures were taken and Bangla songs were sung so I sat there with a huge smile on my face and clapped along.
• I've started watching a soap opera while here.(ok - I've watched it 3 times, for 10 minutes each time) it's on around 7:00 every night and I have NO IDEA what they are saying. I'm pretty sure two people were supposed to get married and didn't, or maybe they were supposed to get engaged, either way feelings have been hurt and there are many scenes of people staring out the window pondering. I've come up with a great story line, I just wish they wouldn't introduce new characters so quickly...
• The accommodations are great except a new person moved into the room next to me. Our bathrooms share a wall and every morning and most evenings he hacks away sounding terrible!! I woke up at 2:00 one morning and couldn't fall asleep for over an hour while he was making a ruckus. I didn't hear him until 3:30 today...maybe I'll sleep right until my alarm at 4:45 before I hear him tomorrow...wish me luck.
• One of my brand new shirts did not fare as well this time through the laundry. Still looks good, just a few inches smaller all around...dang.

Take care!

Schier...Out

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

web stats