Sunday, December 27, 2009

2009 coming to a close...

Another year is nearly over...hard to believe. Since starting this post in 2005 I have been very fortunate to go many places and marry the man of my dreams. Although I did not post much this year – it has been another year of excitement.

Work is busy as always – and is typically what brings me on my travels. However, in March of 2009, the Shaddocks took a family trip to Cuba where we were spoiled rotten. We stayed at my employer’s apartment, located on a private beach near Havana and were able to utilize their driver and cook. Talk about luxury! We went on a tour of Old Havana and another to the country side which included a tour of a cigar place. The laughs, rum and cerveza’s were a plenty. We had a great time and having just returned from Bangladesh a few weeks prior – it was a much needed break.

Spring & summer brought with them more yard & house work. Danny and I have been living at Regina Beach since March of 2008. There are many projects on the go – the biggest one being insulating our attic and basement so that our energy bills would not be as atrocious this winter. We also tore up an area of the yard and put sod down to minimize the weed picking that was required. Danny has been working his butt off on all of these projects and I couldn’t be more proud of what he has accomplished. He is currently working on more of the basement so that the boys can have a hangout spot and Tanner can have a bedroom downstairs.

July 5th marked our 1st wedding anniversary. I still find that I say “can you believe that we are married?” often. I love this man and couldn’t be happier. With all the work that we have been doing around the house and the yard, we chose not to exchange big gifts. However, one gift that I was able to give him on the morning of our anniversary was to let him know that WE ARE GOING TO HAVE A BABY!!! We are so very excited for this newest addition to our family. The boys are excited and hope it is a girl. We have yet to find out the gender of the baby but will it will be making its grand appearance soon enough. We are due March 9th, 2010.

The boys have been growing like weeds and taking over the world one sport at a time. They have been busy with swimming, golf, tennis, football, curling and guitar. We love spending as much time as we can with them and are so proud of their accomplishments. They were able to spend this Christmas holiday with us and it was awesome to have them around. We’ve played board games, tried to start a tradition of making a ‘Rice Krispy House’ (where after 6 minutes turned more into a Rice Krispy mush with candy), went tobogganing and opened many many presents. They will head back to Moose Jaw soon – but will be back with us to ring in the New Year.



I hope all is well with you and yours!
Love,
Shay

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

web stats